tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luc Santeramo <luc.santer...@univ-avignon.fr>
Subject Tomcat/Mysql/Woody
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:36:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm new to this mailing list, and I didn't find any post in the
archive about this subject....or I don't know how to search.

I've got a problem since I upgraded from debian potato to debian woody.
the following jsp file doesn't display the same thing on the different
debian distro.
it just extract data from a mysql database.

<%@ page import="java.sql.*" %>
<%
String connectionURL =
"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dbname?user=dbuser&password=xxxxxxx";
Connection connection = null;
Statement statement = null;
ResultSet rs = null;
%>

  <head>
  </head>
hé hé hé

<%
Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
connection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL, "", "");
statement = connection.createStatement();
rs = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM xxxxxxx");

while (rs.next()) {
out.println(rs.getString("description")+"<br>");
}

rs.close();
%>

this jsp displays, on the potato box :
--------------------------
hé hé hé
Revue d'histoire consacrée à la période de la Révolution française et de
l'Empire.
--------------------------

the same jsp displays, on the woody box :
--------------------------
hé hé hé
Revue d'histoire consacr?e ? la p?riode de la R?volution fran?aise et de
l'Empire.

as you can see, french special characters are now "?" when they are
extracted from the mysql DB.
but if I check the mysql manually or with phpmyadmin, french character are
still there !!!!!

I'm using mysql-3.23.51 and jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4 on both systems
same config files !

if anybody has a clue .....
thanks a lot

Luc