tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: deploying war file and "Document base ... does not exist"
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:42:58 GMT

I hadn't known about the "config" attribute.  I haven't tried it yet, but I
wonder if you can use the "config" attribute *instead* of the "war" and
"path" attributes since the config attribute would point to a Context
Configuration File (CCF) which would contain that information anyway?  In
fact, if the attributes had different values than the CCF, what values
would be used???

BTW, you say that there is no "delploy" task?  Well, there certainly
is.  Here are all the tasks that I know of:

         <taskdef
name="deploy"    classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask"/>
         <taskdef
name="install"   classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.InstallTask"/>
         <taskdef
name="list"      classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ListTask"/>
         <taskdef
name="reload"    classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ReloadTask"/>
         <taskdef
name="remove"    classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.RemoveTask"/>
         <taskdef name="resources"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ResourcesTask"/>
         <taskdef
name="roles"     classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.RolesTask"/>
         <taskdef
name="start"     classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.StartTask"/>
         <taskdef
name="stop"      classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.StopTask"/>
         <taskdef
name="undeploy"  classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.UndeployTask"/>

And "deploy" is a permanent install of your app.

I'll try the "config" attribute later today.  Thanks!

Jake