tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randall R Schulz <rrsch...@cris.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.4 under Windows NT crashes: "memory cannot be read"
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 02:23:17 GMT
Jocelyn,

I didn't read enough or carefully enough.

You really ought to get a more up-to-date version of the JRE or SDK. I
recommend 1.4.0_01 or 1.3.1, but using 1.2 at this point is not a good idea.

By the way, how do you (or your colleague) you get Tomcat to run as a
service? Via Apache?

Are you certain that it's the Tomcat process that's crashing? Your
diagnostic didn't include the application name that is (I believe) in the
window title of the alert whose contents you reported. Is it "java.exe" or
something else?

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA