tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Cato, Christopher" <cc...@rational.com>
Subject RE: Broken Pipe Errors
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:13:50 GMT
Good luck on the no-cache stuff. Does not work with IE, which has a mind of
it's own. IE does not adhere to the standards and the solution is to print
something unique in the start of the document. I've had more problems with
IE and caching than I care to recount.

/Christopher

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Anthony Milbourne [mailto:anthony.milbourne@becta.org.uk]
> Sent: den 24 september 2002 11:09
> To: 'Tomcat Users List'
> Subject: RE: Broken Pipe Errors
> 
> 
> Hi
> 
> Thanks for the feedback.  I don't think that, in our case, 
> there are any
> direct connections to Tomcat as it is behind a firewall and 
> only Apache is
> visible.  Also we put no-cache etc. in the headers - so 
> hopefully IE will
> not decide it hasn't changed.
> 
> Thanks anyway,
> 
> 		Anthony.
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From:	Mike Jackson [SMTP:mjackson@cdi-hq.com]
> > Sent:	23 September 2002 23:34
> > To:	Tomcat Users List
> > Subject:	RE: Broken Pipe Errors
> > 
> > In my experience those broken pipe errors seem to happen 
> most often when
> > Internet Exploder decided that the page hasn't changed.  So 
> they may or
> > may not be a real symtom of your problem.  But I only got 
> those when I
> > was directly connecting to tomcat, not when I'm using 
> apache as a front
> > end.  Don't know if that'll help, but maybe it will.
> > 
> > --mikej
> > -=-----
> > mike jackson
> > mjackson@cdi-hq.com
> > 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Anthony Milbourne [mailto:anthony.milbourne@becta.org.uk]
> > Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 10:11 AM
> > To: 'Tomcat Users List'
> > Subject: Broken Pipe Errors
> > 
> > 
> > Hi
> > 
> > I have an install of Apache 1.3.26 talking over mod_jk 
> (4.0.4) to Tomcat
> > 4.0.4 on Solaris 8.
> > 
> > All seems to work fine for a while (a couple of days 
> perhaps) - but after
> > a
> > while I get a lot of broken pipe errors in catalina_out.xxx.txt.  I
> > previously thought these were due to a missmatch between 
> the number of
> > tomcat processors (maxProcessors) and the number of Apache 
> clients, but
> > this
> > doesn't seem to be the case.  The errors are as below.
> > 
> > 2002-09-23 00:19:30 Ajp13Processor[8009][3] process: invoke
> > java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
> > 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
> > 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:91)
> > 	at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:525)
> > 	at org.apache.ajp.RequestHandler.finish(RequestHandler.java:495)
> > 	at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.finish(Ajp13.java:395)
> > 	at
> > 
> org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Respo
nse.java:196
> > )
> > 	at
> > 
> org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:464)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551)
> > 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> > 
> > 2002-09-23 00:48:51 Ajp13Processor[8009][11] process: invoke
> > java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
> > 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
> > 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:91)
> > 	at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:525)
> > 	at org.apache.ajp.RequestHandler.finish(RequestHandler.java:495)
> > 	at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.finish(Ajp13.java:395)
> > 	at
> > 
> org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Respo
nse.java:196
> > )
> > 	at
> > 
> org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:464)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551)
> > 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> > 
> > 
> > Eventually I get the error (lots of times):
> > 
> > 2002-09-23 10:02:05 Ajp13Connector[8009] No processor 
> available, rejecting
> > this connection
> > 
> > Which is fairly serious as nobody can see the site at this point.
> > At this point direct connections to Tomcat (via its HTTP 
> connector on port
> > 8080) don't get a response either.
> > 
> > If anyone has any experience/info regarding this I would 
> love to hear it.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > 		Anthony.
> > 
> 
> 
> **********************************************************************
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
> the system manager.
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
> MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
> www.mimesweeper.com
> **********************************************************************
> 
> 
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
> <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: 
> <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> 

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message