tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Sporen" <steven.spo...@exordia.co.za>
Subject RE: Executing Windows Scripts ?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:24:11 GMT
Why don't you call into PowerPoint's COM objects directly from Tomcat?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Stephen [mailto:stuart.stephen@4en.com]
Sent: 04 September 2002 12:23
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Executing Windows Scripts ?

Hi,

I doubt that there is a way to do this, but you never know. We are
running Tomcat/Apache/Win2K Server and wish to convert a Microsoft .ppt
file format into something that could be viewable on the web. The idea
is that the user uploads the file and then we do some background
processes meaning that the person can view it on the web, even if they
don't have powerpoint. The best way we can think of doing this is by
using some windows scripting that executes when they upload the file.
Can we execute the scripts automatically from tomcat or start other
system processes?

Thanks,
Stuart Stephen