tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Probst" <andpr...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: The right path; in more way than one.
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 06:20:55 GMT
Hi Ed,

I'm not sure, what your question is. Let me try to answer like
this: Tomcat will look for class files and jars in the various
classes and libs directories. Read pathto/tomcat-doc/class-
loader-howto.html to know exactly.

You can have your application's directory anywhere, if you
configure a context in server.xml. If you put it under webapps
you don't have to configure a context.

For deploying your app it's probably the best to use Ant. Read
the app developer's guide (pathto/tomcat-doc/appdev/index.html)
to get to know best practices of the development process.

In case Tomcat complains about JAVA_HOME: In autoexec.bat it
might be better to set the DOS 8.3 pathname. Go to e: and type
dir to get to know the 8.3 name of jsdk1.4.0. (Something with ~)

Hope this helps.

Andreas