tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Bossicard <vladi...@bossicard.com>
Subject Newbie question: commons-logging integration
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 06:27:06 GMT
Hi all,

I'm sorry to pose such a trivial question but I have searched the web,
the manual and I haven't found the crystal clear answer. Sorry if this
question was asked 10,000 times.

I have integrated the commons-logging to Xindice and I want now to
execute the Xindice servlet within Tomcat.  I can make a deployment
without problem, everythings work.

The only problem is that my log messages is only partially logged into
catalina.out. I only see the SEVERE and INFO messages.  How can I set up
the logger to also receive the trace and debug messages?

I have tried to put a commons-logging properties almost everywhere
(/webapps, /webapps/Xindice, /webapps/Xindice/META-INF,
/webapps/Xindice/WEB-INF, /webapps/Xindice/conf) nothing works.

The content of the commons-logging properties is :
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=trace
org.apache.commons.logging.log.org.apache.xindice=trace

Can someone tell me how to configure this thing?

Thanks in advance

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir Bossicard