tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Lee <w...@sendmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.12: SSL warnings in catalina.out
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:04:02 GMT
I've set up a standalone 4.1.12 Tomcat instance using SSL connection.
When I looked into the catalina.out in the log directory, I realized
that there are some warning lines in there that are pretty annoying. The
lines are like:

[WARN] Http11Processor - -Exception getting SSL attributes
<javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated>

I assume it's trying to do client authentication and failed (??).
However, I have set the clientAuth="false" in the the server.xml file.
Why do I sill get a warning?  It happens each time the browser hits the
page too, so I think this is going to be a problem (where the
catalina.out will get big with all the lines of messages).  Is there a
way to get rid of them?

--
William Lee (Will)        | Sendmail Inc.
Email:  wlee@sendmail.com | http://www.sendmail.com