tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Lee <>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.12: SSL warnings in catalina.out
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:04:02 GMT
I've set up a standalone 4.1.12 Tomcat instance using SSL connection.
When I looked into the catalina.out in the log directory, I realized
that there are some warning lines in there that are pretty annoying. The
lines are like:

[WARN] Http11Processor - -Exception getting SSL attributes
< peer not authenticated>

I assume it's trying to do client authentication and failed (??).
However, I have set the clientAuth="false" in the the server.xml file.
Why do I sill get a warning?  It happens each time the browser hits the
page too, so I think this is going to be a problem (where the
catalina.out will get big with all the lines of messages).  Is there a
way to get rid of them?

William Lee (Will)        | Sendmail Inc.
Email: |
Tel:    (510) 594-5505    |

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>