tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kwok Peng Tuck <pengt...@makmal.com>
Subject Re: installing and running tomcat 4.1 on linux
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 06:59:17 GMT
Yeah, there is a start up script in /etc/init.d/ , but on some systems
it doesn't add itself using chkconfig.
You can check if it has done so using /sbin/chkconfig --list | more
Look for tomcat4.
If you want it to autostart during bootup,  do this /sbin/chkconfig
--add tomcat4
then start it for runlevel 3,4,5 using : /sbin/chkconfig --345 tomcat4 on
This make sure tomcat starts up at the runlevels. I'm not sure if run
level 2 should be included but it works for me.
0,1,6 is reserved.
I can't  remember where tomcat dumped its stuff, but you can take a look
at /etc/init.d/tomcat4 to see where it is the binaries are located.
Good luck