tomcat-users mailing list archives

From h..@cartiem.com
Subject Re: How to use Port 80?
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:07:49 GMT
thanks

I looked back at the archieves and found out how to change the user to Root.
 I did that and it worked.  I did find some other messages indicating what
you said, which was running as ROOT might be bad idea from a system adminstration
perspective.  Unfortunately, I found no other way to run on Port 80.  Is
there another way?