tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WEB-INF/lib Xerces2 vs. common/lib Xerces 1
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:53:28 GMT
If you don't want to update Tomcat, you have two solutions:

(1) If you are using JDK 1.4, add the following in the catalina.bat
where java is invoked

-Djava.dir.endorsed="location of your Xerces files"

The VM will use by default your Xerces 2 jar file

see: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/standards/

(2) If you are using JDK 1.2 or 1.3

copy your file under {java_home}\jre\lib\ext

That will have the same effect has (1). You may want to move to another
location the Xerces1 files, just in case (I cannot test this solution)

-- Jeanfrancois