tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Moore <johnmo...@pdsi-software.com>
Subject Killing Apache Processes Connected to Tomcat via mod_jk (Ajp13)
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:36:30 GMT
TC Users:

I have a big production problem that I'm hoping someone in the group can
address.  Running Apache 1.3.26/mod_ssl with  Tomcat 4.0.4 and mod_jk
connector (4.0.4) on Sun Sparc servers.   I have processes in apache
which get stuck in a 'W' state for days while processing a servlet
request through Tomcat.    This is intermittent, although seem to be
tied to database access over a WAN and availability (which I have zero
control).   These processes are killed with kill -3 <pid>.   Now for the
problem.

We have had two reported occurrences in two days where one person logs
in and gets a page back for someone else and one other a about month
ago.  I am trying to determine if killing the apache pids could leave
the Tomcat Ajp socket open to return its content to the next person that
connects.    Besides having cache-control and pragma statements, all
tranmission is via SSL upon hitting the login page so I'm betting
against any external cache.

If someone knows the ins and outs of the Ajp13 connector and tomcat who
can address this I am eternally grateful.   Trying to reproduce has been
difficult and looking for any support before diving into the code.

John Moore