tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Setting thread prority in Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:15:53 GMT
Nope. A servlet may run in any thread. The servlet itself may adjust its
priority (if allowed by the security manager). But you would need to
remember to also lower it since the next request (to maybe a "normal
servlet") to run in that thread would also run at that priority.

Personally - unless who are running a high load site and the servlet is
cpu intensive and "long running" - I don't think you'll notice a difference.