tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Amadi <chuck.am...@breconbeacons.org>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 503 - Server default is currently unavailable
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:10:01 GMT
Mark Hansen wrote:

>I'm trying to deploy Apache Tomcat/4.0.3.  It starts up, but when I try to
>access index.html, I get the error message "HTTP Status 503 - Server default
>is currently unavailable".
>
>Can anyone tell me what might be causing this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark
>

>--

Hi there have you another service running on your port 8080 which of
course is the default port.If so goto and edit (using your fav
editor)your <tomcat-install>/conf/server.xml and change your port to
anything above or greater than1024  as ports less than or equal to 1024
will require superuser to access to bind (mine for instance is 6666)as
mentioned in the README.txt /RUNNING.txt or Installation Files.

Thus Restart Tomcat 4.0.3 and change to the new port in the url i.e
http://localhost:6666/index.html

Plz correct me if I'm wrong wortha try.

--
Regards