tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kwok Peng Tuck <pengt...@makmal.com>
Subject Re: ARG! Please Help
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:23:56 GMT
This will work if you run the class on its own, because without a full
path, it's assumed that it is in the working directory of the invoked
VM, which would be the directory you executed the class. In a webapp,
the working directory is the one that tomcat started up with, which
should be by now obvious why the file can't be found.

Try this :
      Object obj = test ;
       InputStream myinput =
obj.getClass().getResourceAsStream("smskannel.conf") ;
       BufferedInputStream mybuffer = (BufferedInputStream) myinput ;

 I put the class in a jar file along with smskannel.conf and it can
still find the file.
Or you could allow the file to be set by calling the constructor of
OracleBroker.class as part of its initialization parameters.