tomcat-users mailing list archives

From randie ursal <uran...@ntsp.nec.co.jp>
Subject Re: session timeout on Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:22:26 GMT
i tried it between two computers..the same behavior happen.

actually each browser has unique session ids because i print it every
time a new session has been
created.

also, i made some more investigation and testing and i found out that
session expiration depends on
Tomcat startup time...ex. if Tomcat starts at 1:10 mins. then if you
have a new session that starts
at 1:20 with duration of 20 secs., suppose to be it should stop at 1:40
but it would continue
until 2:10. so, if you have another session between server startup take
for example at 1:30 this
would be included on the session expiration when it reaches the next
minute of server startup.

they said it has to do with Tomcat....is this true? are there some
detail documentation i need to
read in order to be familiar with Tomcat on how it handles session timeout?

thanks a lot.