tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Stein <zo...@gmd-net.de>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2.4 slow with Jdk1.4 and SSL
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:36:17 GMT
I realize you are also a German resident and
remember the download of JSSE were differing
for non-US citizens.
I assume we are victims of a hidden key escrow
or Echelon's information gathering efforts :-)

But, all joking(?) aside:
This seems to be a known jdk1.4 issue. There are
some related postings at the developer connection
forums, e.g.
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=2&thread=239231)

It ends up in the recommendation to use a commercial product
but also states that SUN's implementation were
"one of the better implementations" ...

So,
did anybody succeed in using a third party JSSE that works
with tomcat and sufficient performance? Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang