tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Probst" <andpr...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.1.* config problem
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:18:59 GMT
> Thanks Tony ...
>
> I'll try this later as I haven't got it installed at my machine at work ....
> more worrying I think is how to set up the JAVA_HOME variable ....
> any ideas as to where I can locate more detailed info would be much
> appreciated ...

For the out-of-memory you can simply add the following line to
your c:\config.sys:

shell=c:\windows\command.com /e:4096

This will then work for every DOS box.

For setting the JAVA_HOME, add a line similar to the  following
line to your c:\autoexec.bat:

SET JAVA_HOME=c:\java\jdk13~1.1_0

Make sure you use the DOS 8.3 filename format when setting the
variable in autoexec.bat. To get to know the 8.3 filename open a
DOS box, navigate to the parent of your java home and type dir.
Then the filename will be shown in long and 8.3 format.

To make it easier you could copy your existing jdk to a path
like c:\java\jsdk131 and use this one for your JAVA_HOME
setting.

After all restart the computer.

Andreas