tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Replacement 401 pages
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:47:48 GMT
See section 9.8 of the spec:
A web application may specify that when errors occur, other resources in
the application are used. These resources are specified in the
deployment descriptor. If the location of the error handler is a servlet
or a JSP, the following request attributes can be set:
- javax.servlet.error.status_code
- javax.servlet.error.exception_type
- javax.servlet.error.message
- javax.servlet.error.exception
- javax.servlet.error.request_uri

In your JSP or servlet, use request.getAttribute("...") for any of the
above to get more details about the error. Then you can forward() or
"whatever" based on your business logic.