tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Server memory usage
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:06:48 GMT
In linux - threaded processes show up multiple times in top (or ps).
Once entry for each thread. Summing the entries in top will yield an
incorrect memory usage. Just take one of the entries to get the amount
of memory used by java. (Unless you have multiple real java processes
running, in which case, use the parent process id to figure things out)