tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Debugging class loading
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:37:08 GMT
What I was getting at is that the WebApp Classloader(or your custom cl) does
not load all the classes used by tomcat. Therefore, you will only be able to
create your dump for the classes loaded within your webapp, not from
/common/lib or /tomcat/lib or any of Tomcat's interal classes. You will see
that a class is requested, but once you delegate to your parent, you have no
idea which parent loads the class AFAIK.

Also, each webapp gets its own classloader instance.

If this does not accomplish your goals, you have the source :)

You can also open an enhancement request through bugzilla.

Charlie