tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Warne" <mike.wa...@pihana.com>
Subject RE: Cant get 4.1.10 to run on Win2K
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:20:24 GMT
Thanks Nicholas,

It works now. I removed some older JDK's (except 1.3, I still need for testing other stuff).
I also removed JAVA_HOME from my environment.  Installer looks for it, and suggests using
it..
Removing JAVA_HOME forced the install to find the 1.4 jdk.

Thanks for the help.

Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Orr [mailto:Nicholas.Orr@mim.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 3:44 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Cant get 4.1.10 to run on Win2K

Sounds to me like you have done something wrong.

This is all you need to do to get it to work on win2k pro

1. Remove both Tomcat and Java using add/remove programs
2. Download and install J2SE SDK from here ->
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html make sure you get "Windows (all
languages, including English) SDK"
3. Download and install Tomcat from here ->
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.10/bin/ and
get jakarta-tomcat-4.1.10.exe
3. a) Check install as service, just makes things easier.

If you just click "next" in both of these installs you will have a working
Tomcat install.  Just do this first and if it works then you can go about
customising it to where and what you want.

Nicholas Orr