tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net>
Subject dynamic page building question
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:01:05 GMT
I'd like to make a page that will allow users to dynamically add and modify page elements by
clicking on form buttons on the page. I'd like these changes to automatically appear on the
page. The simplest way to do this would be to use javascript and document.createElement()
to apply these changes using the DOM. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with all browsers.
I think I can probably duplicate this behavior with servlets, but before I embark on this,
I'm wondering if anyone could suggest an existing servlet or jsp solution that might give
me a head start?

Thanks

Cindy