tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Kachanov" <alex.kacha...@stellent.co.jp>
Subject HA: JDBC Realm - changing password
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:44:13 GMT
It looks as it is not working.

I log into protected area as nnnn/mmmmm
Then logout.
Close all browser windows
Change the password to "qqqqqq"
Launch new browser
Open the protected area
Still nnnn/mmmmm is valid combination but nnnn/qqqqqq is not.

Restart Tomcat
Launch new browser
Open the protected area
nnnn/qqqqqq is now a valid login combination

Using Tomcat 4.0.4 English
Tried both MemoryRealm and JDBCRealm

-----Исходное сообщение-----
От: David Cassidy [mailto:david@twocats.co.uk]
Отправлено: Вт 03.09.2002 18:08
Кому: Tomcat Users List
Копия:
Тема: Re: JDBC Realm - changing password

	to quote ...

	http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html

	    * Once a user has been authenticated, the user (and his or her
	      associated roles) are cached within Tomcat for the duration of the
	      user's login. (For FORM-based authentication, that means until the
	      session times out or is invalidated; for BASIC authentication,
	      that means until the user closes their browser). Any changes to
	      the database information for an already authenticated user will
	      *not* be reflected until the next time that user logs on again.

	has this user 'logged out' / had their session invalidated ?

	Very interrested as I want to use this myself and if things like pw
	change don't work then ....

	Let us know