tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tony McNicholas" <tmcnicho...@emissary-technologies.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.1.* config problem
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:16:14 GMT
Samantha,

I think this might help resovle your problem

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q230205&

Out of Environment Space Error Message in MS-DOS Programs
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release 1, 2, 2.1, 2.5
Microsoft Windows 98

Symptoms
When you attempt to run an MS-DOS program in Windows, you may receive the following error
message:

Out of environment space.
Cause
This issue can occur if you do not have enough memory in the MS-DOS environment to set an
environment variable.
Resolution
To resolve this issue, increase the default environment space available for MS-DOS programs.
To do this, use one of the following methods.
Modify the Environment for All MS-DOS Programs
To increase the default environment space for all MS-DOS programs running in Windows, edit
the Shell command in the Config.sys file. To do this, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type sysedit, and then click OK.
Click the Config.sys window.
At the beginning of the Shell= line, type REM, and then press the SPACEBAR.

If the Shell= line does not exist, proceed to the next step.
Press the HOME key.
Type the following line to create a new Shell= line, and then press ENTER:
SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P
On the File menu, click Save.
On the File menu, click Exit.
Restart the computer.
Modify the Environment for a Specific MS-DOS Program
To increase the default environment space for a specific MS-DOS program, follow these steps:

Right-click the MS-DOS program icon, and then click Properties.
Click the Memory tab.
In the Initial Environment box, type the number of kilobytes (KB) that the program requires,
and then click OK.