tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Birch <alex_d_bi...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [Security] - using a connection pool with the jdbc realm
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:39:53 GMT
Hi,

I want to use a jdbc realm with my application in tomcat 4.1

the problem is that I want to utilise a connection pool for authentication, but only want
the
connection pool jar file to have web app scope (in a war file).

I can go DriverManager.getConnection(poolURL) once I have loaded the driver, but I don't know
how
(if possible at all) to initialise the pool before the realm initiliases - does anybody know
workaround to this?

thanks in advance

Alex