tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <da_alchem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting web app to use mysql driver...
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:05:59 GMT
If your are using Realms, then modify
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml to include the context
for the web app and a realm for mysql (there is a
sample realm for mysql in the server.xml file already)
under the appropriate service/engine and optionally
host.  Place the actual JDBC driver in either
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib (used by server and web
apps) or $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib (used by catalina
only).  Try also reading the REALM-HOWTO located at
Apache Jakarta-Tomcat
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html).

There are also other ways including using .war files
that this same functionality can be made available
with the deployment descriptor .../WEB-INF/web.xml for
your web app.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.