tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tod Thomas <tod.tho...@verizon.net>
Subject Tomcat, Apache, XML, XSLT, Taglibs, C, LDAP, Kitchen sink...
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:14:23 GMT
I'm sorry but what I'm trying to do is using all of these and I didn't know what the best list
to post would be and didn't want to cross post...

I have a small C program running on Apache (Solaris machine) executing a search against LDAP
and returning the results as XML.  I'm doing this like:

printf("Content-type:  text/xml\n\n");
XML statements
.
.

I know the XML is well formed as I have redirected the program's output to a file, removed
the Content-type header, and used Xalan from the command line to transform it into HTML successfully.
 I can also see the XML (not transformed) using Mozilla going against the apache server (doing
a view source).

I have the latest and greatest release build of Tomcat installed on another machine, along
with the latest release version of the XTags tag library, using the style tag.  A sample .jsp
I wrote to test the taglib installation works with the same static XML/XSL combination I used
from the Xalan command line test above.  So far so good.

Now, what I want to do is change the <xtags:style xml=..>  tag to point to the apache
server search URL instead of the static XML from above, and let the streamed XML be transformed
via the taglib.  This is not working.

My question is, should I be able to do this or am I missing a concept somewhere?  The XML
generated by the C program follows the latest Oasis DSML standards.  I didn't want to post
examples yet since I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I will if this is the
place to be.

Thanks for any input.

Tod