tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kzbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Digested Passwords and the server/lib/catalina.jar file
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:39:28 GMT
> From: da_alchemist@yahoo.com
>
>Moving a Tomcat server .jar file does not seem like a
>comfortable option-- it is like moving system
>libraries the OS depends on to a shareable area
>because you do not like them where they currently are
>located-- but if it works and you feel comfortable
>with it then use it.  I hope this helps.

I'm not sure that comfort is really a goal or option here.
I'm simply following advice from the author of the Realm
HOWTO (Craig?).  The specific method wasn't given nor was
a recomendation made so I'm trying to figure out the best
way to proceed.  I suppose there is a third option - extract
the code from Catalina Realm and insert it into my application.
I've done that on a previous contract but it didn't seem like
the best solution either.

Isn't this a very common problem that almost everyone on the
list has faced?  Well, everyone that uses Realms with MD5 digested
passwords.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.
Kevin.