tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Madhav Reddy <amreddyc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Performance of Web Application
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:22:21 GMT

Hi,

Can anybody explain me yahoo web application in and out, like, database design, database server
details, servlet engine, server details, the amount of data it handles. How it manages the
requests and serves the requests so fast.

I guess there will be millions of users for yahoo, and each user has a storage of 5MB. Given
this much data, how is yahoo managing this much data and serving the requests so fast?

regrds

Reddy

Yahoo! - We Remember