tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using IIS and Tomcat without integration.
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 16:41:47 GMT
Hmmm,

I suppose you could create a sessionid or cookie with
the asp code and pass that to tomcat.  You would then
have your tomcat instance listening on port 8443 (or
change it to 443 if you're not running something there
already) and do the link.

Getting Tomcat integrated with IIS is not terribly
complicated, but I have found it to be not as easily
accomplished as the Tomcat/Apache integration (go
figure).

To start, you'll need the to get the connector
isapi_redirect.dll from Tomcat 3.3 or later in order
to get this working.  You can find the
isapi_redirect.dll at the following location.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3.1/bin/win32/i386/

Then, you'll get to follow:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html

Unfortunately, Tomcat 4.0.x does not have the
automatic registry settings generation that Tomcat 3.3
has.  You'll have to generate them by hand.
Fortunately the documentation lists the entries
necessary for the registry, along with examples and
default settings (where appropriate).

Basically, where the Tomcat 3.3.x documentation tells
you to generate the files using jkconf parameter to
start Tomcat, you'll get to do those by hand.

It's not pretty, but it works.  I'm currently running
Tomcat 4.04, Cocoon 2.1-dev, and Jetspeed through IIS
on a Windows/2000 Professional machine with
jdk1.3.1_04.

If you need specific help covering a part of the
documentation or installation, I'll do my best via
email.

/mde/

just my two cents . . . .