tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Mold <davidm...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Using JNDI COnnection Pool getConnection() tells me driver class is null
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 02:38:13 GMT
I am using the admin tool to create a JNDI data source for a MySQL database.
When I try to use the datasource in a servlet, I get the error:
Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:529)

I've seen this error listed in the bug database, but the resolution was given
as "change user parameter to username". In my case, the admin tool is already
using the correct parameter names, but NONE of the parameters seem to be
reaching the BasicDataSource.

I attach the server.xml, web.xml and test servlet I am using. Can anyone throw
any light on what the problem is? Thank you.

-David