tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sujoy Ghosh" <ghosh_su...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Tomcat4 startup problem
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:44:31 GMT
Hi ,

I can't start Tomcat 4.0.3 ; while starting using "service tomcat4
start " its showing Started [OK] but actually it isn't.Under
logs/catalina.out I found following error;

Exception during startup processing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/naming/directory/DirContext
         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java, Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.ObjectCreate.start(XmlMapper.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchStart(XmlMapper.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.startElement(XmlMapper.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.startElement(XMLReaderAdapter.java,
Compiled Code).......

FYI: I have installed RPM version of Tomcat 4.0.3 .Also using
JDK1.2.2 on RH Linux 7.1 .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-best