tomcat-users mailing list archives

From garrett smith <javadevm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Get an InitialContext w/o using a <Context> in server.xml
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 04:03:31 GMT
I want to set up connection pooling as described in the Tomcat how-to. Is it
possible to get an InitialContext without using server.xml? I can use web.xml
or .properties files and I can put jar files in my WEB-INF/lib directory. I am
using a shared instance of Tomcat with Manager. AFIK, there's no way for me to
add a Context through manager.

Regardless of that, it should be possible, and I think that it is possible to
get an initial context w/o using a Context in server.xml.

I am willing to study whatever material you may give me. Please, don't mislead
me with unrelated info and advice. Which class should I use for an
InitialContextFactory?

Here's what I have:

"com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory");

But that does not work properly. Instead of
"com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory", I should use
which can be found at ___________________________. Additional info, incl
resources, jarfiles, and/or javadoc can be found ___________________.

It sounds silly the way I asked, but you should know exactly what I am looking
for.

Garrett

=====
http://dhtmlkitchen.com/