tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Svirida <andrei.svir...@midray.com>
Subject Application configuration is destroyed when making "undeploy" in Tomcat 4.1
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 08:29:48 GMT
Hello tomcat users,

I'm using a "deploytool" from JWSDP (or Ant tasks) to remotely deploy
my application.

My development cycle has the following steps:
1: Write code
2: Undeploy an application
3: Deploy an application
4: GOTO 1

The problem is, at step 2 all the configuration for my
application which i've created using admin tool or by manually editing
server.xml is lost.
My question is: is there some possibility to remotely update only the .war-file
of my application on the server but leave the configuration in
server.xml as it is?

Trying to execute deploy twice causes an error:
--
FAIL - Application already exists at path /webappdemo
--

Thanks in advance

--
Andrei Svirida