tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <rhan...@blast.net>
Subject RE: War not being deployed automatically
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:26:23 GMT
My server.xml is attached. I checked the list FAQ, but it was empty, so I hope attachments
get through. Thanks. Rob On 24 Sep 2002 at 11:24, Nicholas Orr wrote: Send reply to: "Tomcat
Users List" From: Nicholas Orr To: "'Tomcat Users List'" Subject: RE: War not being deployed
automatically Date sent: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:24:08 +1000 [ Double-click this line for list
subscription options ] It may be more helpful if you could include your server.xml file, there
is most likely something wrong with this file. Nicholas Orr -----Original Message----- From:
rhanson@blast.net [mailto:rhanson@blast.net] Sent: Tuesday, 24 September 2002 11:05 AM To:
tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org Subject: War not being deployed automatically I'm new to Tomcat,
so please forgive me if I am asking an obvious question, but why isn't my .war file deploying?
I dropped the war into the webapps directory and restarted Tomcat (as I have read to do),
but the war is never deployed. I don't have anything in the server.xml referencing it, it
isn't being redeployed (no directory in webapps by the same name). It works fine for someone
else, so I guess the war file is fine. If I unzip it and add the to server.xml it runs fine.
No war file has ever deployed, including those shipped with struts. I'm running Redhat 7.3,
installed Tomcat using the rpm distribution, no config changes other than adding a jar to
the classpath and a few tags to the server.xml. Tomcat is installed as standalone. Any help
or pointers to docs would be appreciated. Thanks. Robert -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional
information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s). If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or copying of this
e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems
to the MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre. For general enquires: ++61 7 3833 8000 Support
Centre e-mail: supportcentre@mim.com.au Support Centre phone: Australia 1800500646 International
To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail: tsdok