tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yaogeng Cheng" <ych...@neiglobal.com>
Subject RE: installing and running tomcat 4.1 on linux
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:15:54 GMT
I have JDK1.3.1 installed. I used binary install just as your instruction
outlined. In catalina.sh, I include the following lines.
export PATH="/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/jdk1.3.1/bin"
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk1.3.1
export CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4

My server is a VA linux machine version 6.2.4.

Thanks a lot!

Yaogeng

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:JTurner@AAS.com]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 11:04 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: installing and running tomcat 4.1 on linux

Something has to be messed up.  Installing Tomcat stand-alone is a simple 5
step process:

- download Tomcat
- unpack Tomcat
- set CATALINA_HOME
- start Tomcat
- verify examples

You installed the JDK?  You have JAVA_HOME set?  Did you use an RPM or the
binary install?  Did you build from source?

John