tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Orr" <Nicholas....@mim.com.au>
Subject RE: Does Tomcat require restart when chaning classes?
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:12:12 GMT
Click on this link

http://localhost:8080/manager/html/reload?path=/

This will reload the context "/" which is the ROOT context.

Nicholas Orr

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Carson [mailto:Chuck.Carson@syrrx.com]
Sent: Friday, 13 September 2002 8:51 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Does Tomcat require restart when chaning classes?

I had the following class:
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/MyClass.class

If I modify this class (ie recompile) how can I make it active w/o
restarting tomcat? As it stands now (with my current server config, which is
pretty much default) I can only get news changes visible after a server
restart.

Thanks,
CC

Chuck Carson
Sr. Systems Administrator
Syrrx, Inc.
10410 Science Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
E: ccarson@syrrx.com <mailto:ccarson@syrrx.com>
W: 858.731.3540
M: 858.442.0827

----------
contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre.

For general enquires: ++61 7 3833 8000
Support Centre e-mail: supportcentre@mim.com.au
Support Centre phone:  Australia 1800500646
        International ++61 7 38338042