tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Tomcat <tom...@mobile.mp>
Subject Tomcat, JVMs and performance help please
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:59:19 GMT
I am curious about which JVM would be best for Tomcat in a production
environment.  Almost all of our pages are dynamically generated, so I'm
not going to bother using Apache, so Tomcat will be running directly.  I
will be using Tomcat 4.1 because it will be out by the time we're ready
to deploy.  Which JVM will give me the best performance for this kind of
usage?  Right now I'm using Sun 1.4 Hotspot.  Is this the way to go, or
should I try something else?  Btw, this is all on x86 running Linux, but
I could switch to *BSD if there is some good reason to do so.

Thanks for any suggestions, and I am very excited about 4.1.  Just
reading the list of improvements in it... it is going to be awesome.
The Web has come a long way since 1991, hasn't it?