tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Brown" <bro...@reflexe.fr>
Subject Classloaders, JDBC drivers (etc.), and reloading webapps with the /manager
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 07:57:04 GMT

Hello,

If I include a JAR file for a JDBC driver within my webapp's /WEB-INF/lib
path, calling Class.forName("some.driver") registers the driver with the
java.sql DriverManager.  No problem... until I reload the context using the
/manager webapp.

Is the class definition (and in particular, the driver instance) still
valid, given that the classloader used for the driver (and all classes
loaded by it, including the driver) will have been reloaded ?

Thanks,
Chris B.