tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark O'Driscoll" <mark...@eircom.net>
Subject SIGINT kills tomcat
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 15:20:41 GMT
On Solaris 8, under bourne shell, tomcat 4.0.3.

Run <tomcat>/bin/startup.sh
< prints out env. variables>
<starts tomcat>
Script exits and returns to the shell prompt.
All is fine. Tomcat now seems to be running as a background process

If I type ^C (SIGINT) at the command prompt (or at a subsequent tail -f,
say, running at the same terminal window as I started tomcat from), the
signal is propagated to the tomcat jvm instance and it exits!

This outrageous behaviour only happens with the bourne shell; bash and csh
are OK.

Any idea on how to stop keyboard generated signals getting propagated to the
background tomcat java process?

- Mark