tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shimon Crown <shimon.cr...@equipnet.co.il>
Subject Authenticating by certificate
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 05:42:03 GMT
I wish to authenticate users by means of PKI certificates based on information stored in an
LDAP server (a bit vague here but I am not sure exactly what I need to store - is it the issuing
authorities certificate or a copy of the certificate presented by the client {less likely}
or maybe just the URL to the issuing authority.). The LDAP server will most probably ( 99%
certain ) be Windows Active Directory. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to
do this.  The JNDIRealm that is built in to Tomcat is user/password based so it doesn't seem
to be useful to me.Has anyone implemented a similar solution and could get me started in the
right direction.

Shimon Crown