tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed W. Morse" <macme...@sprintmail.com>
Subject The right path; in more way than one.
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 01:37:57 GMT

Hello and Help

I need to have Tomcat working on my machine but I can't getting get the
right path in my browser.
So here Goes

My System is Windows 98
Tomcat version is 4.0.4
My Java editor is JCreator 2.5
jdk is 1.4

The install directory is D:\ApacheTomcat4\
My system directory is D:\windows

autoexec.bat settings
    set JAVA_HOME=E:\j2sdk1.4.0
    set $CATALINA_HOME=D:\ApacheTomcat4
    set  CATALINA_HOME=D:\ApacheTomcat4

I set the port to 8088 so; http:// localhost:8088/index.html pulls up the
splash screen, and in fact is where I got the addresses.

Questions:
       Is there a command or port that will get Tomcat to tell me where it
thinks the class files will be?
       What setting can I change to get Tomcat to look in a specific
directory so I can tell the compiler to put the output the class file?
        Are there any advanced tip sheets for install and configuration?
        Please respond with all revenant information. The need is urgent.

You have my personal Regards,
Ed

deserve neither liberty nor safety."
...Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759