tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shubha Somayaji" <sshu...@email.masconit.com>
Subject Tomcat4.0 with SSL on windows2000
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 05:38:27 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to integrate tomcat4.0 will SSL on windows2000. I did the following steps.

1. Downloaded jsse and set the classpath for the jars
2. keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA
3. keytool -certreq -keyalg RSA -alias tomcat -file certreq.csr
4. Submited the certreq.csr to verisign for 14days trial server ID
5. I got a file getcacert.cer and a certificate as a text by email.
6 Copied the text and save it as xxx.crt
7. Imported the getcacert.cer on to the IE5 Trusted root authoroities
8. Imported both getcacert.cer and xxx.crt to .keystore created in my home directory.
9. Uncommented the https part of connector in server.xml and made clientAuth=true
10.Started the tomcat

Now the problem is when I enter the url https://localhost:8443 it is showing me the empty
'Client Authentication' dialog box.
I do not understand where I have gone wrong. I tried another approch of creating the certificate
using openssl and importing it to the .keystore. But while importing it gives me error "public
key and keystore doesn't match".
Can anyone of you please help me as soon as possible with the steps to follow in achieving
this.

Thanking you,
Regards
Shubha