tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leo Savoie" <leo.sav...@caris.com>
Subject installing service as an Automatic start-up
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:19:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to install Jakarta-tomcat 3.2.4 as an automatic service.
>From the jk_nt_service.exe documentation, it doesn't look like it can be done.
(I can successfully install the manual service and start it through command line,
but our product install does a reboot) so then our users will have to start a service by themselves...
something that might be too advanced for them.

So I then read the updated how-to: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/NT-Service-howto.html

and was delighted to see an "automatic" switch on the command line.
so finally my questions...
1) I'm using the 3.3.1 jk_nt_service to try and create and start a service automatically.
Should that work?
    (I can at least create the service)

2) I'm using the commandline : jk_nt_service -I Jakarta -A wrapper.properties (and getting
back a
usage error: which seems to indicated that the flag wasn't coded inside that executable).

Could you tell me if that's the case and point me to a proper executable.
I am using the one located at: http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3.1/bin/win32/i386/

Thanks for any help
Regards
Leo Savoie