tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "skraaatch" <skra...@thenumnum.net>
Subject Re: tomcat problem with struts *.do and /do/*
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:29:48 GMT
PLEASE IGNORE THAT LAST POST. PROBLEM SOLVED.
DUH! I'M SO BLIND, I THINK IT'S TIME TO CHANGE MY GLASSES... <backing out
sheepishly.../>
but hey, if someone out there can work out the answer (not just because
they've seen the bug before) and they're in london i'll happily buy them a
beer. and ask for some debugging advice ;-)
(hint - i was barking up the wrong tree and you probably would need more
info than i posted to solve it...)

----- Original Message -----
From: "alex r" <alexromanin@hotmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 10:57 PM
Subject: tomcat problem with struts *.do and /do/*

> hi, i'm using tomcat 4.0.4 and struts 1.0.2 and have a problem with my
> mapping configuration file (struts-config.xml).
> in an action mapping such as:
>     <action    path="/travel"
>                type="com.jazzdup.arak.user.TravelAction"
>               scope="request">
>       <forward name="failure"              path="/logon.do"/>
>       <forward name="success"              path="/travel.jsp"/>
>     </action>
> the path to *.jsp works fine but on trying to follow the path to
/logon.do,
> i get the following error:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path failure2 does not start with a
"/"
> character
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.getRequestDispatcher(Application
> Context.java:572)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade.getRequestDispatcher(Appli
> cationContextFacade.java:174)
>  at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja
> va:1751)
>  at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1596)
>  at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>  at

> FilterChain.java:247)
>  at

> ain.java:193)
>  at

> va:260)
>  at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:646)
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:483)