tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <ve...@veldy.net>
Subject WebDav support -- what am I doing wrong?
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:22:38 GMT
I am trying to setup webdav support for my webapp, but I am not succeeded,
not even a little.  I can not get tomcat to listen for WebDav requests and
trying to access it from DreamWeaver has not worked.

I have tried: http://host:8080/WebDAV/mywebapp/

No good.  I have the following in that webapps web.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.WebdavServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>0</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>listings</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <!-- Uncomment this to enable read and write access -->
    <init-param>
      <param-name>readonly</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <!-- The mapping for the webdav servlet -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Plus, I added alot of the MIME mapping stuff.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong -- or not doing at all?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Veldhouse