tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Chan" <altc...@accom.per.sg>
Subject RE: How to write a servlet that handle request for .xml documents
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:29:37 GMT
Hi,

I tried understand the JspServlet source and I have already solve the
problem.

Thanks for your help again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Orr [mailto:Nicholas.Orr@mim.com.au]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 4:14 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: How to write a servlet that handle request for .xml
documents

So, if I am understanding right, what you want to do is:-
1. Client calls http://localhost:8080/home.jsp and there html code in
there:
2. Client then calls http://localhost:8080/file.xml and you want to
intercept this and redirect to a servlet
http://localhost:8080/servlet/myServlet (which you have done?)
3. Now this is where you are stuck?? "How do I know that file.xml has
been
redirected?"
4. Do stuff and return file.xml.

Is this right? Well if it is, back in step one you can have the link
specify
you
just want to be able to type in http://localhost:8080/file.xml and do
you
what you want, then you need to find out where you have come from, (been
redirected from), you might be able to use 'request.getRequestURL()'
this
would only work however, if tomcat redirects without sending a proper
'response.sendRedirect()'.

Other than that I don't know of a way to do what you want, hope this all
helps somehow.

Nicholas Orr