tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joel Sather" <joel.sat...@csu.mnscu.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Crystal Reports (Urgent)
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:06:10 GMT

This is true, but I think it requires 9 (the Java SDK that is).  There
was also an ad in the recent Java Dev Journal about it.

>From the the crystal website:

Java, .NET and COM SDKs - A rich set of Java, .NET, and COM APIs let
you control how end users interact with reports and modify them at
runtime. Automatically turn on advanced options including highlighting,
zooming, and text searching. Tight integration with Microsoft Office
lets end users search on report data and export the results to Microsoft
Word, Excel and HTML.

Not sure how it integrates with servlets, but if you can make an applet
you should be able to pull the image it generates to display on the web
(we do this for some dynamic graphs with raw Java 2D stuff).

-J

Joel Sather
email: Joel.Sather@csu.mnscu.edu
phone: 651-649-5789

>>> dombat@free.fr 08/29/02 04:49PM >>>
They say that new version 9.0 is fully supporting java.

Didn't MicroSoft pay their last bill ?

Dom