tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Petra Hora" <Petra.H...@herold.at>
Subject Conext relative servlet URLs
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:06:45 GMT
Hi,

I've got a question regarding the use of the context-relative URI
"/servlet" in servlet URLs.

Our application is currently running on Tomcat 2 and uses URLs of the
form:
http://localhost:8080/{context-path}/{classname}
and We have created extra Invoker entries like the following in web.xml
in order to define which URLs point to our servlets ...

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            invoker
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            /adm/*
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

We are looking to migrate to Tomcat 3.3.1 and Apache 2.0.39 in the near
future and can't find a way of respecifying our web.xml invoker entries
with this newer version. From reading other web links it seems that we
will either have to live with "servlet" URLs of the form:
http://localhost:8080/{context-path}/servlet/{classname}
or start defining all of our servlets in web.xml !

Does anybody have any ideas about the invoker and Tomcat 3.3 - does it
still exist or is there now another way of solving the problem ?

thanks and regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ing. Petra Hora
___________________________